UV Powder Coating Advantages
UV-cured powder coating provides superior wear characteristics with an environmentally friendly, efficient and cost effective process.
Ultraviolet (UV) light creates an instantaneous cure through a process called photopolymerization. This creates a cross-linked and bonded molecular finish with superior wear characteristics. The highly durable powder coated finish withstands even the toughest environments— maintaining its original color, gloss and texture even after frequent traffic and cleanings.
View the technical data here.
- No cracking at 35″ (NEMA ball drop test)
- 3,000 cycles wear thru test (ASTM abrasion test)
- No loss of adhesion (ASTM Crosshatch test)
UV powder coatings are solvent free with zero VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) and zero HAPs (Hazardous Air Pollutants). They are an environmentally safe alternative to paints and vinyl laminates.
- No Vocs or HAPs, solvent free
- Components made from 100% recycled content MDF
- Eliminates PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) related with vinyl laminates
Click to learn more about our environmental benefits!
Efficient, Cost Effective Process
UV-cured powder coating is a streamlined operation that is extremely efficient, making it more cost effective than traditional finishing processes.
- Fast Single Step Process
20 minutes from raw MDF to finished part
- Low Energy Consumption
A 40-60% energy savings when compared to other finishing systems
- Higher Material Utilization
Only 3-5 mils of coating required